Pro Packing Cubes asked me to try out and review their product in an RV setting. I had never heard of packing cubes but anything that helps organize my RV is of interest to me. I set out to research their product before deciding if I would accept their offer.
It seems packing cubes are popular with travelers. They are soft sided nylon bags in varying sizes, designed to keep your clothes organized and compact. The product has a 4.5 stars to 5 star rating on Amazon.com which certainly indicates their customers are happy.
Our current RV is only 20 feet long and does not offer drawers to organize our clothes. We currently stack clothes in an upper cupboard, and keep our socks, underwear and bathing suits in a bin in the closet. Being a bit of an organizer this has always driven me crazy so I was eager to see if Pro Packing’s cubes could help.
Once the bags arrived, I set out the wardrobe I would take for a 7 day spring trip.
1 pair of jeans
1 pair of sweat pants
1 pair of capris
1 pair of yoga pants
4 pairs of shorts
7 tank tops
2 sweatshirts (I like to hang these)
undergarments for 7 days
2 bathing suites
1 pair of pj’s
Sounds like a lot but I wanted to pack on the heavy side to see how the bags would work. The set I was sent had 6 bags: 1 large, 3 medium and 2 small. With the clothes laid out I was interested to see how many bags I would need.
-1 large bag easily fit my pants and shorts.
-1 medium bag fit my tops, &
-1 small fit all my undergarments, bathing suit and pj’s
I left the sweatshirts hanging but they could have fit in the pants bag. That still left me one medium bag and the 2 small bags.
The Pros of Packing Cubes
- I loved that I could lay out all my clothes in my bedroom, zip them into the bags and easily carry and stack them in the trailer.
- 3 cubes organized my wardrobe by clothing type and easily stacked into my upper cabinets.
- The bags look thin enough to just set into RV drawers. The top opens fully to allow full access.
- The nylon and mesh fabrics enable airflow. With the humidity in an RV this is a benefit
What would be nice to see added:
- I have to stack my bags and because the medium ones look the same it would be great to have a spot you could slip a label into.
- If there was a way to give the corners some form that would be helpful when stacking as well. I can see that when packing in a suitcase such a form would need to be removable.
Since writing this post in 2016 I have used these cubes on every camping trip, every vacation and both my kids used them when backpacking across Europe and Africa. The can be easily washed, they are very durable and even with all the use the zippers and mesh are still in tack. They really are worth the purchase and I would give them a 5 star rating.
Pro Packing Cubes provided me free product in exchange for a review on my blog. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and are not influenced by the company, and/or it’s affiliates, in any way.