Okanagan Falls Provincial Park is a small park made up of only 25 unserviced sites which are 100% reservable. The park is now officially called sx̌ʷəx̌ʷnitkʷ Provincial Park, and is located in the small town of Okanagan Falls. The park lies below the outlet of Skaha Lake on the Okanagan River.
We stayed in this park for 3 nights with my sister and her husband. We were mainly interested in visiting winery’s and golfing so the location was fantastic for us. When you google “Things To Do in OK Falls”, wineries monopolize 11 of the 14 suggestions. We visited 5 of them I can attest to their high rating. They were so good we even joined the Great Estates Okanagan Wine Club which might be the best club I have ever joined, check it out!
Having said that I can say if we had kids with us it would have been the best park because it was not on the lake and it is a fair distance, with a highway crossing, to get to the lake. Other top things to do are biking the Kettle Valley Trail and visiting Okanagan Falls which both would have been great for families. I always like when I can list things to do that I couldn’t get to because it gives me a reason to go back.
The park was full during our stay and we found it to be very quiet which was fortunate because it is very open with little privacy between sites. We camped in site 4 in the middle section of the park and it was open to the other sites around us.
The sites are generally large and are all fairly level so maneuvering your RV is easy. There are large shade trees scattered around the park but no real low level trees to offer privacy between sites. There are 8 sites that line the creek area and they are the best choice for privacy and view although I suspect mosquito’s could be an issue. The sites along Green Lake Road would be my last choice due to noise but in reality it is not that busy of a road.
Here is my advise for this campground
- Site 16 would be my top pick. It is both long and private which is unusual in this park.
- Site 18 & 20 are both wide and long and have nice green space behind them.
- Sites 22, 23 & 25 back onto the river and have green space surrounding making them a nice choice.
- Sites 11 &13 are smaller but do have some privacy
- All the sites in the center lack privacy
- Site 5 back onto the host site so not ideal for location
- Site 9, 17 & 24 I would rate as poor. They are very open and have zero privacy
- Great climate with almost guaranteed hot dry weather in the summer
- Small in size making it a quiet get away.
- Flush toilets
- Close to town for shopping and outings.
- Lots of golf and winery’s nearby
- Fresh fruit stands scattered everywhere.
- No showers or bathrooms with running water.
- No hook ups
- Due to the heat there is a lot of generator noise as people want to use their Air Conditioners
- Limited privacy between sites
- Lake is not within walking distance
Things to do
- Okanagan Falls Winery’s: 14 of British Columbia’s premier wineries are in OK Falls with many more not a far drive away.
- Golf: We golfed St. Andrews By The Lake and WOW Golf which are both executive size courses but there are many courses nearby that would fit all levels of golfers.
- Visit the Falls
- Bike or hike the KVR trail.