Deciding on a campground on the Northern Island was a challenge. We were unfamiliar with the area and didn’t want to be packing up and moving to a new site every couple of days. We decided on Cluxewe Resort because it checked several of our boxes.
Must have the resort needed
- We were able to get an ocean front site, which was our top priority!
- It had power and water. We were not sure we could make it 6 nights on just our battery
- It was centrally located to all the adventures we had planned. 30 minutes or less to everything – Port Hardy, Port McNeil, Telegraph Cove and many of the off road trips we wanted.
- It had a laundry room, which was important as we approached the halfway point of our trip.
Bonus items the resort offered
- A shower house. Our trailer shower is very small and the water pressure is low. This was a welcome addition.
- A highly rated restaurant on site if we got tired of barbecuing and dishes.
- Access to an estuary that provided calm and easy kayaking opportunity.