Being the gourmet camping chef I am, NOT, burgers are a staple in my camping menu. We usually have them on our first night after we have completed our set up routine which often includes at least one mishap. By the time we are done we are often hungry and very thirsty, I am sure you can relate. Continue reading
Campfire Pizza Log
I always find lunch the toughest meal to prepare. The kids are hungry and I don’t feel like cooking. On my next trip I am going to try this make ahead pizza log and see how it works out. I plan to make this for lunch so I will take it out of the freezer the night before so it is thawed in time.
- Roll out your pizza dough into a rectangle. You can make your own or use the refrigerated pizza dough.
- Add in 1/2 cup of tomato sauce,
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- any toppings your family likes.
- Starting at one end roll the dough up like you are making cinnamon rolls and pinch all ends to create a seamless log of pizza goodness.
- Optional: throw a little parsley on the top for a pop of color!
- Wrap it in foil and freeze it.
- Thaw prior to cooking
- You can cook it on a grill or just put it in the logs for a total of 25 minutes, flipping often.
- Once it is done, cut or pull it apart and serve.
Make-a-head steak marinates for camping.
First off here is link on How To Marinate a Steak.
And a video linking to tips on buying a great steak.
At the start of camping season I put my “dinner serving” amounts of steak in a zip lock with the selected marinate and toss it in the fridge over night (label the marinate so you know the flavor you are cooking). The next day I freeze it so when we go camping it is ready. I move it into the RV freezer and it is there for whatever meal you have planned. Cuts down on the ingredients you need in the RV and the mess of marinating raw meat in the trailer. Continue reading