I always find lunch the toughest meal to prepare. The kids are hungry and I don’t feel like cooking. On my next trip I am going to try this make ahead pizza log and see how it works out. I plan to make this for lunch so I will take it out of the freezer the night before so it is thawed in time.
- Roll out your pizza dough into a rectangle. You can make your own or use the refrigerated pizza dough.
- Add in 1/2 cup of tomato sauce,
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- any toppings your family likes.
- Starting at one end roll the dough up like you are making cinnamon rolls and pinch all ends to create a seamless log of pizza goodness.
- Optional: throw a little parsley on the top for a pop of color!
- Wrap it in foil and freeze it.
- Thaw prior to cooking
- You can cook it on a grill or just put it in the logs for a total of 25 minutes, flipping often.
- Once it is done, cut or pull it apart and serve.