Many people refuse to set New Years resolutions but for me it is one of my favorite things to do. I often set around 20. Some are simple, ones that I know I can achieve, and then there are those that make the list each year. Being more patient, stressing less and reading more all seem to be far more difficult to achieve than one might think.
As I enter the second year of my camping blog I felt it would be appropriate to set some Camping Resolutions. I have narrowed it down to 5 that could be adapted or adopted by any camper.
- Dry camp at least once this year in a forestry site. These are non reservable, more primitive sites. Not only do they lack water and power but often offer only pit toilets, no picnic tables and off road entrances. I think it would be great to really get away from it all.
- Cook a meal on an open fire. I am inspired by all the Dutch oven recipes I see and it has made me want to give it a try. First I must purchase the Dutch oven. Second, I must plan to complete this goal early in the season, before the campfire bans are put on.
- Drive, park, set up and take down my own camping trip. I vision this to be a girls weekend get away because there is no my way my husband could sit back and watch me complete this painful task. Last year I drove the trailer and parked it in an open lot but that is far from a real campsite. I feel a blog in the making!!!
- Complete a full day hike during a camping trip. Last year we did Joffre Lakes and loved it so this year we might try Black Tusk or the Chief. I pondered the idea of making this a “backpack in” camping goal but let’s get serious, there is no way I am up for that.
- Utilize everything we take! We are famous for packing bikes, kayaks, hammocks and golf clubs and they never make it off the truck. This year I want to use every activity item we pack at least once per trip. Read in the hammock, golf the local course or bike the trails, if it made the trip we better make sure we use it.
What are your New Years resolutions? Put them in words, share them in the comments and make them happen. I would love to hear what you want to do this year, maybe I will add it to my list. I am well short of 20.